Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restrict some maps to full server

Let's not deny it, some maps are serious server killers if they aren't supported by 20+ players. I'll name few, dust2, alternative, omega. If there aren't enough zombies out there there's no way they can penetrate the human defenses, let alone if they are gay enough to place sbs when there aren't players out there. This can end up in both of the following scenarios:
  1. The zombies wont try at all or try too hard and leave eventually (most probably).
  2. The humans will get bored because of zombies not trying and leave eventually (less probably).
It is unbelievably killing the server when it isn't full when people choose those maps. They are only chosen because people are deceived that they will work well just as they do when the server is full, and that they are easy to play since they are human sided and people will just shoot zombies out. What they don't know though, is that if THEY THEMSELVES BECOME ZOMBIES, they wont try at all and lead to the scenarios mentioned above happening, slowly but surely. I am seriously mad because I love this server and I hate to see things like this happening, it sometimes leads me as relatively GOOD player to rage quit when I can't do shit to humans, what do you think would happen to the 95% population which doesn't even bind jump to the mousewheel? I have linked some evidence of the server at what should be its "peak" time but people have left the server, leaving it with no admin and half the population afterwards, I would have left myself too, but I was there to record the process in an unbiased manner:
[Image: U2JDr7Lg.png]
start of the round.

[Image: ooyNeH6.png]
the aftermath.

My proposed solutions:
  1. I know it might be hard to restrict the maps to be played by 20+ people, but since the server isn't filling up much recently, I suggest we put the maps on hold altogether, we have a SHITLOAD OF FUCKING MAPS TO BE PLAYED, nobody would miss playing alternative or dust2 or omega since we have a dump-load of other great and balanced maps.
  2. Putting stricter limits on human items, like seriously people buying gak in those maps or other stuff are ridiculous, when the nade is used it's game over zombies and people just scatter around.
  3. Stricter rules, like people not allowed to hide in secrets. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT SINCE IT WILL EMPTY A SERVER IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
Any input or feedback would be appreciated, I hope we take this thread into consideration and that at least 20% change would happen in the near future Smile
[Image: r0FkHGd.jpg]

What about if the player count is less than 15 only tiny maps like fortuna can be nominated? I know it's a bit weird but on these maps both humans and zombies could have more fun than on other big maps like dust or alternative.

Problem is not maps or plugins, it's cs1.6 mate. So no matter what we do, we fail. We can spend time making these appropriate balanced maps or code plugins that can slightly ameliorate server's population but it's not gonna be what it used to be. Such a bitter statement but we all know it's a fact. You, me and most of us left are the ones who are playing zod from 2012-13 and new gamers are not gonna join some 20 year old game. So what I can suggest to Spark is to drop whatever cs1.6 project he is working on and start focusing on a new game like csgo. It would be really great to expand zod's horizon and perhaps we may even restore it's lost glory.
[Image: 30db7sw.jpg]
The Rising S.T.A.R - [pro]GAIN

(10-20-2018, 09:10 PM)Stormy Wrote: What about if the player count is less than 15 only tiny maps like fortuna can be nominated? I know it's a bit weird but on these maps both humans and zombies could have more fun than on other big maps like dust or alternative.

exactly what i'm talking about
(10-20-2018, 09:33 PM)[pro]GAIN Wrote: Problem is not maps or plugins, it's cs1.6 mate. So no matter what we do, we fail. We can spend time making these appropriate balanced maps or code plugins that can slightly ameliorate server's population but it's not gonna be what it used to be. Such a bitter statement but we all know it's a fact. You, me and most of us left are the ones who are playing zod from 2012-13 and new gamers are not gonna join some 20 year old game. So what I can suggest to Spark is to drop whatever cs1.6 project he is working on and start focusing on a new game like csgo. It would be really great to expand zod's horizon and perhaps we may even restore it's lost glory.

well I think it doesn't hurt to try so why not hang on to what we already have Undecided

Only reasonable solution is a boost. No matter which map you put on, the population will not increase due to 1.6 being way too old. Most of the player base is 10-15 years old who doesn't know shit about adding server to bookmarks. They just randomly gets redirected to our servers during the boost and disappear along with the boost.
[Image: giphyc148d.gif]

alright guys, looks like we just have to accept and face reality then Sad

(10-20-2018, 09:33 PM)[pro]GAIN Wrote: Problem is not maps or plugins, it's cs1.6 mate. So no matter what we do, we fail. We can spend time making these appropriate balanced maps or code plugins that can slightly ameliorate server's population but it's not gonna be what it used to be. Such a bitter statement but we all know it's a fact. You, me and most of us left are the ones who are playing zod from 2012-13 and new gamers are not gonna join some 20 year old game. So what I can suggest to Spark is to drop whatever cs1.6 project he is working on and start focusing on a new game like csgo. It would be really great to expand zod's horizon and perhaps we may even restore it's lost glory.

buddy was spitting fax, no matter what you do, it is what it is, the game's dead.

(02-18-2022, 07:10 AM)zXCaptainXz Wrote:

buddy was spitting fax, no matter what you do, it is what it is, the game's dead.
Feels bad man. Goodbye CS 1.6 Sad
[Image: i897bfD.png]